Sunday, September 14, 2014

Using a Digi template



This week's Digiscrap Geek Podcast featured a guest, template designer Cheryl Ashcraft of Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
So, of course, I had to try one of her templates. My page is about construction but her designs feature lots of flowers and layers and made me wonder if I could make it work. Easy! No worries at all, the designs are very adaptable. I kept a lot of the layering but limited the flowers to two stickers from the main kit I used. The template is rotated and the journal block and title realigned. The top photo was moved after all photos were increased in size.  
I loved the distress elements and colors in the Vinnie Pearce The Rise Collection so used it for my page only adding in modified LaurieAnn HGD stickpin. The fonts are ChunkFive, arsenal white, Adobe Garamond and Arial Narrow. Distress brush from Karla Dudley, shadows from the template, One Little Bird, Mommyish and me. I used one of my favorite techniques of using a very faint eraser on the edge where some elements meet underlying structure. I think it makes things a bit more realistic.
Templates make digi faster and can push your style, too. 


No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...