Monday, July 28, 2014

Here in Atlanta for Paper Arts

 I took the red-eye to Charlotte and then got into Atlanta in the late morning. My room wasn't ready yet and registration for this CHA event wasn't open until 3 pm so I went off and had a shampoo and blow dry and got my nails dome at the mall next door. Not much of a mall, more a food court with services and a few shops. Happy with the work I had done, checked in and got registered. Classes scheduled all day tomorrow with a reception in the evening. It looks like the small show that was advertised. A number of the non American Crafts (or shall I say in a humorous vein, the not yet American Crafts) companies are here. Sizzix and Spellbinders are the main sponsors of the event. Some nice SWAG in the welcome package bag. A nice D-Lites Embellishment die from Spellbinders featuring butterflies. I think we can safely say butterflies are a staple in the paper crafts industry. A BiC 4 color pen which has already proven itself useful as I mark up my program. Hot Off the Press attached a darling sheet of Dazzles Gingerbread Stickers to their catalog. Crafter's Essentials included a container of  their Fingertip Grip Enhancer. I tested it and it really works and does not make the fingers feel sticky. I can really see how this can be helpful, especially with tiny things like beads. Fab Scraps included some chipboard word art. Little B put an intricately edged note pad with an offer of a make and take at their booth. Some advertising of other products included. Will check things out as the show goes on. A bit windy though it does keep the weather from being too hot and humid here, not that I expect to be out of the conference area much. Well, not much sleep last night and I'm due to be at a class early so will wind this post up for now. More later.
I could not figure how to add my iPhone photo here so posted it to Facebook. Will try to figure that out.

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...