Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scrapbook layout projects

 I've been making a lot of scrapbook pages lately and some have recently posted to the blog at Debbie Hodge's Get It Scrapped site. http://debbiehodge.com
Of course, I wouldn't be making these if I didn't enjoy the process of creating scrapbook pages. That's really a key behind my being on the Creative team over at GIS.
 I love paper and scrapbook products. Traditional page making remains a lot of fun for me. I adore being surrounded by all the pattern, color and texture that physical scrapbook products provide. Digital scrapbooking has been more of a quest for knowledge and skills. I have a thrill with each "Aha!" moment when I master something new. I get thrills doing paper pages, too and it seems to be related to figuring things out there, too; an example: when I've altered an embellishment to work perfectly on a page or I remember a technique or product that I've not used for a while.
You've caught a glimpse of this first page on my blog before as it's in the portrait of me in the top right corner of my web page. It features one of my favorite subjects for scrapbooking, my grandson.


I used a recent Cocoa Daisy kit, Quick Quotes: Powder Puff Inks Liquitex: Light modeling paste, Scrapbook Adhesives, Colorbok: embellishment, Stash: stencil, flair

This next page features a collab kit from Pixels and Co., that I find I'm using a lot. I think grandkids are a definite theme I have going!


P&Co. Be Bold or Go Home collar kit, font Traveling Typewriter, page sketch from Criss Cross class at Debbie Hodge's get It Scrapped

Here's another of my digi play layout's. (It indirectly features grandkids, as visiting them was the reason for the trip).



Sketch from the Stretch Your Sketch class at BPC and the kit is Karla Dudley at Scrapaneers. Fonts: Karla Dudley, Avenir and Traveling Typewriter and the "by" is a CK font but I do not remember which one

So, having a little fun these days at some of my favorite scrappy web sites. Hmm, I think I have a subject for a future blog post. LOL!


No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...