Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Reflections

 

This weekend has been fabulous! Spent Friday evening and all of Saturday with a wonderful group of crafty women. Sherry Richter organized a crop at a somewhat local scrapbook store, "It's All About The Scrapbook". Dixon is two counties away but only about 25 miles/minutes. Still, most of us spent the night Friday. That was good for several reasons - one was no late night drive and thus we could stay late on Friday night, no chance of getting caught up in events at home (like I was much of Friday), able to drink wine with dinner, and a chance to breakfast with friends, strategize and share the excitement of the day ahead.
I had fun preparing for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge with the kit I created. You'll notice from the photos I put together a kit based on Fancy Pants Design's "Beloved" line that was used in the second kit club selection made at CKC. I used doilies and a stamp with little circles and a sentiment stamp like the suggested kit. I went to the Fancy Pant's site http://www.fancypantsdesigns.com/products/beloved to get a better look at the elements of the line and created my kit with that inspiration. Since I was using stash you'll notice that my colors are slightly different, in particular,you'll note the blue green, which is much more green in my version. Still, I tried to capture the general feel of what the amazing designers at Fancy Pants Designs came up with my kit
"All My Love"


I messed up my photo download and thus the bad photos in the prior post and the missing picture of the stamps and stencil I chose. I'll try to make sure I have everything up (done above, though could not get all in collage but those photos are in yesterday's post) before the challenge gets posted.
Now, folks, mix a crop and a newly created kit and you'll know that a lot of projects flowed. I will be posting many of those and a few more from today. On challenge post day you'll see I did both the angled background and the under 10 minute challenges with my kit.
The heart background paper and tag were fun to make. I used a stamp I made by tearing apart a Dawn Dish Wand refill and cutting the sponge part into a large and a small heart then stamped using a variety of acrylic paints.Pretty resourceful, I think. After all, my goal was not to purchase anything new for the challenge.
My CFC layout and card are purely original creations. I just started cutting and arranging. However, several of the other layouts were inspired by classes from Debbie Hodge at Get It Scrapped. http://debbiehodge.com/admin/blog/ I recommend that site; los of good free information and an enormous amount of content for a very small membership price. No, I do not have an affiliate fee arrangement with Debbie for referrals (though I should probably set one up).
So, still need to get that car unpacked and get some creating done.
Also, today is the last day of the Ray Eames show at the California Museum and I've not been yet. You know I plan to get there and see that exhibit. She was an amazing Sacramento creative talent.
The LO I did after my museum visit today. Sorry about the quality. May retake it tomorrow.




No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...